Five keys for winning at connection today!
Yesterday Trey Scott invited me to be on the Watch Pitch Podcast to share my experience on building better connections. I wanted to share the five keys I've learned and use daily to win at connection.
1) Intentionality. You must be intentional about connecting with people and creating the relationships you want. You can put Intentionality into action by setting goals, having a vision, and scheduling time on your calendar to connect. Set a goal to make one meaningful connection every day. One year from now doing so will have a massive impact on your business.
2) Intention. A clear intent allows your conversations to progress smoothly. Especially in sales, everyone must know the game you are playing so they can play too or quickly decide they don't like your game. Either way, have a clear intent and share it with integrity.
3) Relationship. You want to be in relationship with the other person and thinking about them, where they are at, and how you can serve them. Make it about them and your needs will get met too. A little bit of empathy helps here.
4) Show-up. You must not let your fears, doubts, and thoughts prevent you from showing up. If you want to connect, you have to show up as the best version of yourself and in a way that aligns with who you want to be.
5) Interest level. We had some fun with this one on the Podcast, and the bottom line is that it is easier to connect with people who are interested in you. Focus on connecting around what you love with people who like you.
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!